Tuesday, March 8, 2011

KKR’s boss plays fair as quizmaster

If not at the stadiam hosting the ICC World Cup, then the Penguin Spring Fever 2011 Cricket Quiz was where Souvik Neha had to be present. Neha is an M. Phil student at Jawaharlal Nehru University, and the subject of his dissertation is cricket.

“ Like any other Indian kid, I wanted to be a cricketer, but I found that I am no good for the game,” Neha admitted candidly at the quiz. “ I still wanted to do something related to cricket, so I decided to research the growth of Indian cricket in the last 60 years. It helps that I studied History for my Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes.

Playing quizmaster was Joy Bhattacharya, a well- known cricket analyst and director of the Kolkata Knight Riders.

“ I love doing cricket quizzes,” Bhattacharya said. “ I thought it would be a great idea to do a quiz at time when there’s cricket fever everywhere.” Six finalists were selected from among the audience and the final round lasted for two hours. “ The quiz was neither too easy, nor too difficult,” said Neha, who stood second.

The chatter at the event had to be about World Cup and its likely winner. And Bhattacharya, who ducked questions on Sourav Ganguly, made the audience happy when he said, “ India and England have a good chance of winning the World Cup.” Touchwood!

By Admin with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • Popular
  • Categories
  • Archives